This Policy describes the information we process to support Envited services.
What kinds of information do we collect?
To provide the Envited Services, we must process information about you. The type of information that we collect depends on how you use our Services. You can learn how to access and delete information we collect by visiting the website.
Things that you and others do and provide.
- Information and content you provide. We collect the content, communications and other information you provide when you use our Services, including when you sign up for an account, create or share content and message or communicate with others. This can include information in or about the content that you provide (e.g. metadata), such as the location of a photo or the date a file was created. It can also include what you see through features that we provide, so we can do things such as suggest masks and filters that you might like, or give you tips on using camera formats. Our systems automatically process content and communications that you and others provide to analyse context.
- Networks and connections. We collect information about the people, friends, accounts, profile tags and groups that you are connected to and how you interact with them across our Services, such as people you communicate with the most or groups that you are part of. We also collect contact information if you choose to include this in your use of the Services.
- Your usage. We collect information about how you use our Services, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, the people or accounts you interact with and the time, frequency and duration of your activities. For example, we log when you’re using and have last used our Services, and what posts, videos and other content you view on our Services.
- Information about transactions made on our Services. If you use our Services for purchase of events or any other financial transactions, we collect information about the purchase or transaction. This includes payment information, such as your credit or debit card number and other card information, other account and authentication information, and billing, delivery and contact details.
- Things others do and information they provide about you. We also receive and analyse content, communications and information that other people provide when they use our Services. This can include information about you, such as when others share or comment on a photo of you, send a message to you or upload, sync or import your contact information.
Information from partners.
Partners receive your data when you visit or use their services, or through third parties that they work with. We require each of these partners to have lawful rights to collect, use and share your data before providing us with any data.
How do we use this information?
We use the information that we have (subject to choices you make) as described below, and to provide and support the Envited Services.
Provide, personalise and improve our Services.
We use the information we have to deliver our Services, including to personalise events you might be interested in and service providers that you might need for your events. We may make suggestions for you on and off our Services. To create personalised Services that are unique and relevant to you, we use your connections, preferences, interests and activities based on the data that we collect and learn from you and others; how you use and interact with our Services; and the people, places or things that you're connected to and interested in on and off our Services. Learn more about how we use information about you to personalise your Envited and Instagram experience, including features, content and recommendations in Envited Services.
- Information across Envited Services and devices: We connect information about your activities on different Envited Services and devices to provide a more tailored and consistent experience on all Envited Services that you use, wherever you use them. For example, we can suggest that you join a group on Envited that includes people you follow on Instagram or communicate with using Messenger. We can also make your experience more seamless, for example, by automatically filling in your registration information (such as your phone number) from one Envited Product when you sign up for an account on a different Product.
- Location-related information: We use your location related information – such as your current location, where you live, the places you like to go, and the businesses you interact with – to provide, personalise and improve our Services for you and others. Location-related information can be based on things such as events that you have interacted with or check in details.
- Product research and development: We use the information we have to develop, test and improve our Services, including by conducting surveys and research, and testing and troubleshooting new services and features.
Provide measurement, analytics and other business services.
We use the information we have (including your activity off our Services, such as the websites you visit and ads you see) to help advertisers and other partners measure the effectiveness and distribution of their ads and services, and understand the types of people who use their services and how people interact with their websites, apps and services.
Promote safety, integrity and security.
We use the information that we have to verify accounts and activity, combat harmful conduct, detect and prevent spam and other bad experiences, maintain the integrity of our Services, and promote safety and security on and off Envited Services. For example, we use data that we have to investigate suspicious activity or violations of our Terms or Policies.
Communicate with you.
We use the information that we have to send you marketing communications, communicate with you about our Services and let you know about our Policies and Terms. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us.
How is this information shared?
Your information is shared with others in the following ways:
Sharing on Envited Services
People and accounts that you share and communicate with
When you share and communicate using our Services, you choose who you share it to. You can choose the social media application or link sharing method.
Your reviews of service providers may be used publicly and be seen by any other user.
Content that others share or reshare about you.
If you are concerned about the privacy of your usage on Envited, then you might want to limit what settings you have on sharing data.
Your connections will be able to see what events you interact with and what service providers you have used before.
Apps, websites and third-party integrations on or using our Services.
When you share the event envited links on other social media apps, the other apps will receive information about what you have shared. Information collected by these third-party services is subject to their own terms and policies, not this one.
If the ownership or control of all or part of our Services or their assets changes, we may transfer your information to the new owner.
Sharing with third-party partners
We work with third-party partners who help us provide and improve our Services. We don't sell any of your individual information but may use aggregated statistics and profiles. We also impose strict restrictions on how our partners can use and disclose the data we provide. Here are the types of third parties that we share information with:
We provide advertisers with reports about the kinds of people seeing their ads and how their ads are performing, but we don't share information that personally identifies you (information such as your name or email address that by itself can be used to contact you or identifies who you are) unless you give us permission. For example, we provide general demographic and interest information to advertisers (for example, that an ad was seen by a woman between the ages of 25 and 34 who lives in Madrid and likes software engineering) to help them better understand their audience. We also confirm which Envited ads led you to make a purchase or take an action with an advertiser.
We share information about you with companies that aggregate it to provide analytics and measurement reports to our partners.
Partners offering goods and services in our Services.
When you subscribe to receive premium content, or buy something from a seller in our Services, the content creator or seller can receive your public information and other information that you share with them, as well as the information needed to complete the transaction, including shipping and contact details.
Vendors and service providers.
We provide information and content to vendors and service providers who support our business, such as by providing technical infrastructure services, analysing how our Services are used, providing customer service, facilitating payments or conducting surveys.
Law enforcement or legal requests.
We share information with law enforcement or in response to legal requests in the circumstances outlined below.
How can I manage or delete information about me?
We provide you with the ability to access, rectify, port and delete your data.
We store data until it is no longer necessary to provide our services and Envited Services or until your account is deleted – whichever comes first. This is a case-by-case determination that depends on things such as the nature of the data, why it is collected and processed, and relevant legal or operational retention needs. For example, when you search for something on Envited, you can access and delete that query from within your search history at any time, but the log of that search is deleted after six months. If you submit a copy of your government-issued ID for account verification purposes, we delete that copy 30 days after review, unless otherwise stated.
When you delete your account, we delete all your information.
How do we respond to legal requests or prevent harm?
We access, preserve and share your information with regulators, law enforcement or others:
- In response to a legal request (e.g. a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good-faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States when we have a good-faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction and is consistent with internationally recognised standards.
- When we have a good-faith belief that it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud, unauthorised use of the Services, breaches of our Terms or Policies, or other harmful or illegal activity; to protect ourselves (including our rights, property or Services), you or others, including as part of investigations or regulatory enquiries; or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. For example, if relevant, we provide information to and receive information from third-party partners about the reliability of your account to prevent fraud, abuse and other harmful activity on and off our Services.
- Information we receive about you (including financial transaction data related to purchases made with Envited) can be accessed and preserved for an extended period when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation or investigations of possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm. We also retain information from accounts disabled for term breaches for at least a year to prevent repeat abuse or other term breaches.
How will we notify you of changes to this policy?
We'll notify you before we make changes to this Policy and give you the opportunity to review the revised Policy before you choose to continue using our Services.
How to contact Envited with questions
You can contact us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.